A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Friday, April 04, 2003

A Rose In Bloom
Blog Post #1

I started reading blogs just before Christmas time 2002 at the urging of a friend, before then I had never even heard of a blog. I was immediately drawn into reading blogs for a number of reasons, but mainly, I was comforted by the ramblings of others who so clearly expressed many of the things that I think about everyday. Perhaps there is something voyerstic about reading into the thoughts and lives of people we don't know, but ultimately I feel as if I have gotten to know the people whose blogs I visit on a regular basis. And though I may never meet them in real life, I take comfort in knowing that they are there.

So that is part of the reason I decided to start a blog. I wanted to have a place where I could express my own opinions and ideas--no one has to agree--but it is nice to put them out there. I plan to use my blog to chronicle the ordinary and the extraordinary in my life. The mundane and the often insane things that I seem to find my self attached to. Later down the line I will post a fact sheet about myself and links to some of my favorite places on the web, but for now I will write about the one thing that I know best, me!

I think that the journey will be rewarding. I hope that it eventually becomes a way to keep me connected to my friends and family who quickly seem to be spanning the globe. Perhaps it will even give me the chance to connect with others who enjoy the process...of blooming.

Let the journey begin....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home