A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Wednesday, May 14, 2003

I've been thinking a lot about change lately. Due in most part to the fact that all kinds of things in my life will be changing over the next few months. I think of change as exciting, the endless possiblities and such. Despite that fact, at the end of the day it is still the fear that takes hold and I sometimes forget to breath. It's an interesting dilemma in that is brings out the strongest parts of ones character while simultaneously reminding us of our inherent weaknesses. The inevitable bouts with excitement and sadness, the primitive nature of wanting to stay close to what you know yet having such a curiosity for what is beyond that you are willing to take a risk and move outside of what is familiar. Things aren't meant to stay the same, commonplace is equivilant to boredom, and being stagnant, well, just think of the definition of stagnant!

I do believe though that once you find a place in your life that is not commonplace but it is comfortable, relaxed, happy, then change doesn't need to come in as a big gust of wind and shake up your whole foundation. At that point in time, simple changes make for better days and a greater sense of fulfillment. But for me, for now, change has had to come as a tidal wave to wash me out of the state of lethargy I have been mingling in for far too long. I am going to miss all of the people and things that I have become acustomed to having around while I was waiting for change to come. They are what make the moments of relaxation well worth the stay. Not to say that I will never have those people and things with me always, but in a new, changed setting. One that reminds me of all that there is still waiting for me to find even if I am scared and unsure.

I guess that I am realizing more and more that the most beautiful part about change is the journey The bumps and bruises you may get along the way are only paving the path for something far greater than you can see. It doesn't matter if you are traveling the roads of change on your own or with the spirits and love of friends and family as I am, the journey is a solitary one that allows for growth but is always enriched by the love and support of those around you.

Everyone's catalyst for change is different. Everyone's journey is unique. But the possibilities are universal. That is the beauty and excitement of change in which fear resides. But that is also the point at which life starts anew.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home