A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Summer Lovin'!

I think that it is official, summer has found it's way to Central Texas! I realize that the official beginning of summer isn't until June 21st, but in Texas, spring time and summer time seem to endlessly overlap. The temperature is already topping 90 degrees pretty often and despite the occasional tornado warning and the annual "Mexican Smoke" that signal spring, the summer feel is still there. I guess it is because I have been doing a lot of summer time things lately. Amusement parks and mini family vacations, outdoor movies and baseball games, bar-b-ques and swimming pools...okay, well not swimming pools but you get the idea. I just can't remember the last time I was so excited about a Texas summer! I suppose it has a lot to do with the fact that there is an extremely cold Eastern winter in my very near future and it is making my dreams of summer a pretty exciting thing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home