A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Wednesday, June 04, 2003

Boredom: the state of being weary and restless through lack of interest

This is the definition of the word and state of being that has completely infiltrated my daily existence. Today's activities consist of staring at my computer with a slighty dazed yet intense expression as to give of the illusion that work is actually being done. Typing into the Blog also acts as a facade as the clicking of the keys give off the false idea that I am working diligently on something important...I am not.

Even lunch is boring--chicken salad on a low carb tortilla, salad, and fruit--Atkins be dammed! Not really, just saw someone eating pasta and it made me a little testy, it will pass, it always does. The whole week has been pretty uneventful as I spend most of my time being sucked into the ill-fated summer television programming. There is a Fosse special on PBS tonight, this could serve to be the high television point of the week. I did manage to squeeze in a movie last night, Finding Nemo--I highly recommend it! One of the cutest movies I have seen in a long time.

All of this idleness really makes me feel like I should find something new and exciting to do, or maybe just finish up all of the stuff that was new and exciting in the beginning but has since lost some of that joy, i.e. scrapbooking. I'm making dinner for friends tomorrow night and then going to visit another over the weekend. The mid-week boredom will pass, of this I am certain, only to return again next week right on schedule. Wednesday really is hump day!

Hmmm...perhaps I should rethink Atkins...I can still smell the pasta!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home