A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Wow, I'm just realizing that it is already Wednesday. The week is flying by, and me not blogging...oops!

First things first...the trip to the beach this weekend was AMAZING! Muchos gracias to Ally (and her parents) for letting the whole crew come and swing sand around their beach house. Despite the constant rain threat, I managed to have a great time sleeping on the beach, losing my (much loved) sunglasses in the ocean and bruising up my legs playing NERTS!...what a fun game!

Funny part about the whole weekend is the inclusion of the parents. I often wonder at what age will we stop mooching off of the people, who I am sure, are ready to see us fly off on our own. This whole vacation was made possible by the kind hearts and open pocket books of a friend's parents. No problem in my book but a curious thing indeed. I wonder at what age it will no longer be cool (and necessary) to bounce from one friend's parents house to the next as we make the rounds visiting eachother. How long will it be until I come home for a visit and me and my man stay in a hotel room, not in the back bedroom at my mom's? Then again, why stay at the hotel when you can stay at your mom's? It is an interesting question for sure. One to which I don't know the answer. I mean, for the most part I am a grown up and am fully capable of supporting myself. Then again, maybe this isn't even about being able to support yourself. Perhaps it is just about learning when to embrace the comforts of family and when to opt for doing it on your own.

I realize that I am talking in circles and raising more questions than answers, but it's my blog and I'll wrote what I want to! All I know for sure is that happy hour is with the girls tonight and this may very well be a fun topic of conversation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home