A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Tuesday, August 12, 2003

As I am now moving swiftly along on my first full day of being 23, I felt that I should recap the fun for all of those who may have missed it.

Rachel finding her way back home was definitely a great present...I mean, flying all the way back from England to celebrate my birth is pretty thoughtful. She also managed to smuggle in fun gifts including marinating sauces from my favorite chicken shack, a beautiful pink pashmina from Paris, a LUSH ball, and a rocking set of music. I received lots of other great gifts including a meal of a lifetime from the basement and a hell of a story about Indians!

I spent my actual day of birth with my family eating good mommy food and pocketing cash...a winning combination indeed! All-in-all, I think things went pretty wel. This aging thing isn't too bad.

To shift gears, I am on the last week of work with exactly three days left...but who's counting. I cleaned out my cube today and it looks really sad. Don't worry, that isn't nostalgia seeping in, it's just that moving all of the frames and such only makes the dust bunnies look bigger than you imagined and that is just tacky! The good part about leaving is that I have managed to work a little magic since everone feels sad that I am leaving. I managed to get a little discount on my computer, a free wireless card, extra memory keys and a rush on my delivery...ahhh, the beauty of connections!

In my planning, I alos just found out who my roommate will be in NYC. I'm a little hesitant to call because the phrase "Hi, I'm your new roommate" is even a little too cheesy for me. I'm trying to think of a way to do it that makes me look like a cool grad student and not just a schmuck who wants to know if she is bringing a TV. Suggestions are always appreciated.

I'll keep you posted...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home