A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Tuesday, August 26, 2003

I am, like, the goddess of productivity!!! I actually woke up at a reasonable hour this morning and proceeded to get a great deal of the things on my to-do list marked off. I tried my hand at the local grocery store down the street and it went very well. Food is a bit more expensve here than Texas but they had everything that I needed. Well, except Tabasco but I'll keep looking. I also went and bought a TV/VCR coombo this morning so that I can be entertained by the boob tube once again. It was kind of lonely with out it. I even managed to (finally!) unpack all of my stuff, including the four boxes of stuff that showed up on my doorstep today. Go me! I have dinner plans tonight with Joi to try Thai food and do a little bit of exploring.

But first, after two days in the city, here is what I have learned.

*Distance is relative to your location in the world. Example: Walking six blocks to the grocery store in NYC is making a short trip, whereas walking six blocks to anywhere in Texas in unheard of.

*All public service men whistle at women walking by. This rule also applies to most Peurto Ricans.

*Getting a telephone connected takes anywhere from 5-7 business days...that's long!

*When lost, wander, turn left, wander, turn right, wander, repeat all steps.

*And yes, while using a map may make you scream "tourist/newbie" it also helps you avoid the circumnstance mentioned above.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home