A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Monday, August 25, 2003

It's almost one o'clock in the morning and I am tired, very tired. After walking the city today for five hours, literally, I can hardly believe that I am still awake. I'm pretty much running on fumes but have managed to stay awake to chat with people that need to be chatted with. So far, so good I guess is the best way to sum it up. In the words of everyone's favorite red-head, Annie, "I think I'm gonna like it here."

Funny thing that I realized tonight. I never posted the funny and oh-so-bad-timing boy updates that I meant to so here they go. In the case of the boy from work whom I have mentioned earlier, one thing was made painfully and obviously clear to me before I left work. He was totally not into me and totally in to my replacement. Suffice it to say that he asked the time honored "I dig you" question..."So, do you have a boyfriend?" to said replacement. I laughed so hard I almost choked on the Garth Brooks lyrics I was belting out in his new Jeep. (Don't worry, nothing kinky, he just drove us to lunch.)

And behind door number two, the fireman. Well, after about two months of absolutely zero contact, he calls me on the eve of my departure. Oh yeah, it's that bad, timing I mean. He basically wanted to know how I was and what I had been up to and yada yada. He was hoping to get together but sadly (seriously, sadly) I had to decline as I reminded him that I was leaving for school. Now I am not sure, but I thought that I mentioned that to him before and he made a few comments about it being too bad that I was leaving and all. I had talked myself into believing that was why he stopped calling, because he didn't want to write a check his a$$ coudn't cash. Then again, maybe that's exactly what he was doing and he only called because he knew I was leaving and there was no pressure. Okay, now I am perplexed. Whatever, he told me to give him a call when I was back in town, maybe I will, maybe I won't. having the ball in your court isn't always as good as it is made out to be...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home