A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Sunday, August 24, 2003

Live From New York...

I'm finally here! After crying myself to sleep in the arms of my mother last night (nope, I'm not ashamed at all) and after battling my overweight luggage, I finally made it to my home for the next year...my NYC apartment. First things first, despite the overwhelmingly appalling matchbox of a room I had set myself up for, my apartment is absolutely adorable! Hard wood floors, small but great kitchen, large living and dining area and perfectly sized potty. Even the closet is decent. The blank white hospital walls leave a bit to be desired but they have great potential. And I am right next to a park that I can see from my window...so pretty! It has certainly been a trip, but well worth all of the hurdles nI had to stumble over.

I start the school stuff tomorrow with meetings and more meetings that pretty much continue for the rest of the week leading up to the beginning of class. For now, I'm waiting for my roommate to arrive so that I can meet her and then make crass judgements. Just kidding, sort of! For now, I'm just content to be here and ready to start the next pahes of my journey. I promise lots of updates as I get going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home