A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Saturday, August 30, 2003

So it's about 3:30 in the a.m, and I have just arrived home from a very fun night in the city. First things first, I finally rode the subway! I know, I know, I've been here almost a week and hadn't done it but truth be told, I was a little scared. But tonight, Joi and some of her crew held my hand as I got a metrocard and attempted to help navigate our route up to 42nd street with the help of my trusty subway map. It went well and I even got feisty enough to switch trains and get home...it was a good trip.

But the best part of the trip was the reason for the subway ride in the first place. A couple of days ago, Joi invited me to go see a midnight showing of some movie. As my social calendar is blindingly white with empty space, I said sure. Little did I know that after a quick dinner in the Village (I've always wanted to say that!) we headed out for one of the funnest nights I have ever had at the movies. If you have not Wet Hot American Summer, stop reading now, go out and buy the movie--don't rent because I am certain you will want to see it over and over again! It's all about summer camp in the eighties and is just a total comedic package with some of the coolest indie actors out there. And the even cooler part, they were there, and yes I took pictures. Let's just hope that they come out ok.

Anyway, funny night but now it is time for sleep. Go get the movie...I know you'll love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home