A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Monday, August 04, 2003

This is what I wrote today:

Dear Jeff,

It is with regret, yet firm conviction, that I wish to inform you of my decision to resign my position at GCI Read-Poland as an Account Coordinator, effective August 15, 2003.

I have truly enjoyed my experience at GCI Read-Poland during the past year. I have worked alongside many fine individuals and have learned a great deal. I appreciate the numerous opportunities I have received while at GCI Read- Poland especially in working on the Dell account.

After careful consideration and discussion with my family, I have decided to further my personal interests and professional goals by pursuing a Masters degree in Media Ecology and African-American Studies at New York University on a full-time basis.

Once again, I wish to express my sincere gratitude to those at GCI Read-Poland for their continued support and encouragement throughout the past year. I am lucky to have worked with such talented individuals and for such an extraordinary company.

Sincerely,
Ebony Rose

Ths is what I wanted to write:

Dear Rich Guy,

It is with great satisfaction and immense joy that I must resign my position as "one of the kids who works at Dell" for much greener pastures. Though I have learned a great deal over the last year, none of it, and I repeat, none of it has been learned from you or your company.

For all of the times that you forgot to tell me about meetings and parties, and then sent a note ten minutes before to "remind" me, I wish you nothing but pain and suffering. For all of the money that you make off of my hard worked 40-hour weeks for paltry pay, I wish that your new sailboat and home in Arizona will break and burn respectively.

I hope that someday I am so rich and so utterly good at what I do that you will want me back to work for your company and I will have the chance to so "NO" with mounds of enthusiasm.

And finally, to those left to dwell in the depths of hell alongside you, I wish them all great strength to fight the evils which you exude.

Sincerly,
The Girl Whose Name You Do Not Know

There, I feel much better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home