A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Sunday, August 17, 2003

Where to begin. What a weekend it's been as I get closer to the big move. Friday, my last day of work, ended really well as the whole gang got together to take me out to a farewell happy hour. It was really nice and I walked away with some great parting gifts. It finally sort of hit me that I am going away knowing that I wasn't going back to work on Monday. An unexpected surprise, I sent out e-mails to all of my PR contacts letting them know that I am going back to shcool and giving them the contact info for my replacement. Well, I get dozens of e-mails back from folks wishing me luck and saying how much I will be missed and what a pleasure it had ben to work with me over the last year...it was like one very big warm fuzzy and a months worth of Elle Woods snaps all rolled into one!

I spent the rest of the weekend with my family, which was nice. Then I finally gave in and offered up myself for my mother's happiness. I got my eyebrows waxed...blah. I don't think that they look all that different but my mother swears they do. All I have really gotten out of it are some itchy little bumps around my eyes...wonderful!

I plan on spending tomorrow organizing and starting the long task of packing. I'm sure I'll manage some tome to blog an update. Until then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home