A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Sunday, September 14, 2003

41 minutes, 51 seconds

That is my official time for my race For the Cure 5K. I still can't believe that I actually did it, but it feels great. There were 20,000 people running in a race that started along Central Park West at 77th, went up to 90th, curved and weaved all through the park ending back up at 72nd. It was so much easier to run than anything I have ever done because of all of the people cheering you on and all of the adrenaline. At the end of the race, there was a man waiting handing out pink carnations to all of the finishers and lots of free goodies for working so hard. And although I didn't get a pink t-shirt, they save those for breast cancer survivors, which I guess is only fair, I got so much more. It really was so cool and I am so glad that I did it. I am officially going to heaven!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home