A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Thursday, September 25, 2003

As I am walking home tonight after surviving an over-crowded van ride and a class that lasted long enough for me to get hungry again after eating supper before it, I ran across a woman commiting a crime. I heard her approaching footsteps behind me and before I had time to blink I saw her run past me in an ensamble that was clearly a felony. Now I understand that some would give her the benefit of the doubt as she was working out and that is to be applauded. However, just because she is improving her cardiovascular system doesn't mean that she should let her fashion system go to hell in a tacky hand basket. I offer you her outfit in protest: too short racing shorts in a blindingly bright shade of blue with alternating red and yellow surfboards, a tank top with little lavendar roses vining all over it and a hairdo circa 1980 perm-at-home with no sign of any sort of restraint device, nope just flopping around on her head like she was wearing her own sheep dog! It was just so bad, I stopped walking for a minute and debated on whether or not I should chase her down and send her directly home, but then I feared that I might drop my chocolate donut so I veered right and completed my journey home.

So consider this your own little P.S.A. on excercise fashion dos and don'ts. Becasue next time, maybe I won't be so forgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home