A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Friday, September 05, 2003

First things first...yet another reaon to love NYC...I stopped at the Popeye's chicken place today to have lunch. As I was eating, what comes blaring over the speaker? Streisand in all her New York glory...how fabulous!

Secondly, I decided to go job hunting today. I stopped in at Barnes and Noble but the heavy air of psuedo-academics pushing books as cutomer service people quickly deterred my interest. So i sat for a while and read and then headed across Union Square to the Virgin Megastore...I figure, I like music and movies, plus, I'm a virgin so I am a prime
candidate. Anyway, I find the guy who lets me know that they are indeed hiring. He hands me ab application along with, what I can only describe as the Megastore challenge, and off i go to fill it out. Well, the application part was easy...the megastore challenge, not so much. It was a four page test of all things pop culture. I'm not kidding, nearly a hundred questions spanning movies, music, and video games...just so i can sell crap to teenagers. Anyway, across the tope was the phrase..."Don't worry, you may not be able to answer all of the question,"...well, theuy were right. Now, I consider myself to be a pretty hip kid but I felt dumb as dirt doing this thing, which I struggled with for like half an hour. Part of me thought it was really challenging just to see how much I thought I knew, the other part of me just wante dto say screw it and move on. But, my ego got the better part of me and I sat quietly in the cafe and toiled away answering questions. I probably got about 60-70% of them answered...okay, that may be over stepping it a bit...but it was really hard! Anyway, the guy seemed pleased with what I was able to answer, especially the question about the name of B.B. King's guitar's name...(Lucille for those scratching their heads) and said he would give me a call to set up an interview on Tuesday.

So, I tried to remember some of the questions and wrote a few of them below. Some are easy and some not so much. Some of the really hard ones I have blocked from my memeory but at least you can get a quick glimpse of what I went through today. Take a stab and see how you stack up.

Name five jazz musicians/reggae musicians/acid jazz musicians/country musicians/blues musicians/folk musicians/classical musicians?
If stranded on a deserted island, what five cds would you want with you?
Name all of the Beattles.
what is an 8 track?
What is a mini disc?
Name 5 computer companies
Name 5 popular games for playstation or x box.
What roles did these people win Oscars for:
Tom hanks
Emma Thompson
Katherine Hepburn
Audrey Hepburn
name a reggea artist not in the Marley family.
Name two movies made by these people:
Francis Ford Coppola
Alfred Hitchcock
Steven Spielberg
Quinton Tarrintino
Name the lead singer and the drummer of the Rolling Stones.
Name the lead singer of the Grateful Dead.

...and oh so many more...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home