A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Friday, September 12, 2003

I'm stuffed! I spent the afternoon wandering around the San Gennaro Festival today in Little Italy and have come home a very happy customer. I managed to squeeze in a huge Italian sausage on a bun with grilled onions--delicious--and a sinfully good cannoli. The whole place just smelled so good that I think that if my stomach could have tolerated it I would have eaten much more!

The highlight of the afternoon though, was the one thing that had attracted me to the festival in the first place. The International Federation of Competitive Eating, or the IFOCE as it is known to those of us who enjoy the sport of eating (don't laugh...only a true athlete can eat 3 pounds of hot wings in 12 minutes), sponsored the cannoli eating contest. There was lots of pomp and circumstance along with lots of grown men cramming crap down their throats with amazing agility. In the end, the guy who won ate 14 canolies in six minutes ! A daunting task considering I could even eat one. It was pretty funny...and messy!

And on a side-note, as I was wandering through the Village to get to Little Italy, I walked right past the building that serves at the office building that Grace Adler works in. You know, the one with the little gold man on top? Well, it's called the Puck building and it was just a neat little moment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home