A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Friday, September 19, 2003

It's Friday night and I actually have plans...how exciting! I'm meeting up with some kids from my program for dinner and then we are going to see a band. My biggest dilemma, what do you wear to go see a band in New York? Yes, a mild dilemma at best but a womanly concern nonetheless. I have decided, I think, to go with casual but fun. A denim skirt, my new little J Crew shirt and my black denim jacket...I have no idea about shoes. Whatever, as long as I don't look like a scary flashback to the 80s like most New Yorkers I'll be okay. This city, by the way, is single handedly trying to bring back the 80s from its shallow grave. I have seen entirely too many women walking around ins sleeveless sweatshirts a la Jennifer Beals in Flashdance and I even saw a girl walking around in leg warmers, I literally cringed. Anyway, back to my main point...as long as I stay away from all things day-glo I should be okay...I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home