A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Thursday, September 11, 2003

It's September 11th in New York City. The air is different here than anywhere else, you can feel it, these people lived it. I don't quite know how to explain it. Last night from my window, I could see the lights that they have constructed to shine into the sky in the exact places that the towers stood. I just sort of stared at them...it was a stunning visual reminder. I thought about going to some of the memeorial events but decided against it. Somehow, here, I don't feel like I belong there. That they should be kept for those who are truly grieving, not me. I have been watching the coverage on tv as the chilrden of those lost read off the names...

I think the whole day will move a little slower. The people here remember how the earth shook and the smoke smelled. I remember the images from the television but not the tangibles, not the feel of it. They deserve their space today, their time to reflect and remember. I am satisfied with my television as an extension...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home