A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Thursday, September 18, 2003

Today's Thoughts and Observations

*As I strolled down 5th Avenue today stopping in stores and browsing, I made my way into J Crew. I found a cute shirt for $9.99 which of course had to come home with me. But the true highlight of the trip were the jeans. Bottom line: Though I didn't purchase any ($68 for jeans, me thinks not) I am now a full size smaller than the last time I bought jeans! To celebrate, I bought a piece of coffee cake.

*A windy New York City is dangerous. The wind has the ability to pick up little pieces of dirt and shoot them directly into you legs so that it feels like little shards of glass embedding themselves in your skin. And if said dirt makes its way into your eyes they feel like little daggers scratching at your cornea.

*"College you do for others, graduate school you do for yourself." I can't remember who told me that but they were right. Today as I sat in class and talked about all of the things that you can never talk about, I felt validated and proud for putting up the good fight to get here. I patted myself on the back just to say thanks.

(To piggy-back on my last comment, I have decided to enrich the lives of all of my readers. I intend to start a book list on my blog of great things that I am reading or have read that I want to pass on. Some scholarly, some totally not, but all good reads...I promise!)

**Today's Star Siting**
Doug E Doug

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home