A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Friday, October 24, 2003

The Good
So, it is near impossible to find decent Mexican food in New York. Considering most places that sell Mexican food are called things like "Taco, Burrito" and "Fresh Tortillas" and owned by Asians, it isn't too surprising. But as I was walking to class the other day I noticed a buliding undergoing 'burritofication." That means that there is soon to be a Chipotle within walking distance. I realize that isn't "real" Mexican food, but it is familiar and damn good so it will do.

The Bad
It's grand opening time at Mexx this weekend and somehow I got suckered in to working the 4 pm to 1 am shift. I'm trying not to think about it too much but...

and The Ugly
Since everyone is so happy with all of the people in charge at work anyway...today really added to the love. It is pay day so all of us are excited, especially me since it is my first one. But it became more and more evident as the day progressed that there were no paychecks to be handed out. Due to some faxing glitch the money people only got six of forty-six time slips so nothing was processed. Let's just say that there were lots of angry New Yorkers walking around the stire today. To make up for it, the managers were going around to everyone asking how much money they needed to hold them over until Tuesday, when the money is finally supposed to come in, and handing out cash from the safe. It was definitely ugly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home