A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Friday, October 31, 2003

Happy Halloween gobblins and ghouls!

So Halloween is finally upon us. I must admit, I am not a huge fan of Halloween. I mean, I don't hate it or anything I just don't get all excited about it. But I still had big plans for this Halloween as it is my first in NYC, but alas, I have to work. Yup, there will be no Village Halloween parade for me and no handing out candy to cute little kids in funny costumes. Instead I will be folding shirts and cashing in on the obscene spending habits if shopaholics. I do have plans to pop into a little bash that Elly is throwing next door after work when I come home, hopefully it will still be going.

I don't feel like I am missing anything though since I sort of got my fill last night at a Halloween party that I was invited to go to by my homey Joi. Who knew that lawyers-to-be could have so much fun?!? Certainly not me but it turns out that they do it up right. Three floors of costumed college kids, face painting, fortune tellers and karaoke. There was a 70's band upstairs and a pretty good dj in the main hall rocking the eighties goodies. Aside from the fun I am in a bit of pain today from lasts night partying. Not that kind of pain, I only had two glasses of wine, I mean literal physical pain as I somehow managed to become that girl at parties that everyone stops and looks at in shock. Joi and I were making our way down the stairs to do some dancing when I caught a wet spot of beer and slid (yes, just like in a bad movie) down the stairs on my ass bouncing from one to the next. My plastic tumbler of wine cracked and spilled on me as my butt soaked up the beer from the stairs and my shoes fell off and I created a traffic jam behind me. When I finally got up and put my shoes back on, my knee was scratched and my butt it nice and bruised today. I graciously accept the award for best party foul ever.

For someone who was totally sober, it was a pretty good night of drunken events. May your Halloween be just as special!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home