A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Thursday, October 16, 2003

Wow! It has been quite a while since I did some blogging. I blame it totally on mid-term madness at school (only one paper left) and crazy work people who seem to think that part time means working 40 hours a week...I'm working on this one and if tomorrow's meeting doesn't go so well I may just be gainfully unemployed again!

So what prompted me to finally get my but back on the blog you ask...well, I just saw my first pick-up truck in New York City. An honest-to-goodness Ford F150 driving down first avenue complete with a white guy with a buzz cut, probably a transplant from Texas just like me. It literally made a smile creep on my face as I was going by. And now I am sitting here eating fried chicken from this place across the street called Kennedy's (I see lots of black people in there so I figured it must be good, and it is) and sipping on a A&W cream soda...I don't think I could get much more Southern than that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home