A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Monday, November 24, 2003

Cameras, High Kicks and Meatballs, Oh My!

It isn't every day that a girl ends up on a television show. Lucky for me, Friday wasn't just another day in the life of a twenty-something college student. The day started out normal enough, sitting at the computre doing homework, talking to professors and so on. But by 4 pm I was off to experience a New York night that I won't soon forget.

The evening started off with Joi and I at a cheerful show featuring the Radio City Rockettes in their Christmas Spectacular. Aside from the bitchy woman whom I had to put in her place, the show was so much fun. I mean, can you really go wrong with bejeweled and sequined high-kicking in perfect unison, live animals like camles and sheep, and a saucy southern-style Mrs. Clause belting out holiday cheer? I think not! We even stopped for a brief second after the show at Rockefeller Center and watched the folks ice skate around the (suprisingly small) rink under the shadow of the biggest Christmas tree I have ever seen! Holiday cheer was all around...it was nice...

Then it was time to forget about the holiday hijinks and dive into martini! I gathered up a few friends for dinner at Rocco's...you know, the place that is featured on the NBC show The Restaurant. After signing consent forms that basically stated that we won't sue if we are shown in a "bad light" on tv and that we won't sell our stories to The Enquirer, we walked inside to complete mayhem. Th place was super crowded and busy and loud and all of the things that make for a happening New York hot-spot. We squeezed our way to the bar and grabbed a drink and snuck in a quick game of foosball while we waited. I saw Mama and Rocco (schmoozing some table) and was follwed by lots of cameras. They taped our table for a little while but quickly moved on to more important patrons I am sure. The food was suprisingly delicious and reasonably priced. It was good fun...now I'll just wait for next season and see if I make my televsion debut, probably stuffing my face with bread and meatballs...sexy!

All-in-all it was a really good night. Now the next few weeks are going to consist of me slowly hacking awat at all of the stuff I have to finish for school before I head home for the holidays...wish me luck!

**Star Siting**
Gloria Ruben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home