A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Monday, November 03, 2003

Until about five minutes ago...this had been a really good day. Like a true foodie, I spent a couple of hours roaming through the new grocery store I found that actually felt like a real grocery store. Granted, the one that I have been going to has everything I need, it certainly doesn't have everything I want. It's small and limited at best, but the Food Emporium is fantastic! I strolled through the spacious deli and looked at all of the good food and watched the sushi chefs put together some unique meal ideas, I stopped at the seafood counter and bought shrimp for scampi, and passed by the bakery smelling all of the good treats-which incidentally inspired me to bake a cake of my own-and wrapped it up with a swing around the produce section. It was fabulous and my fridge and pantry are sufficiently stocked.

Now on to the bad part...NYU financial aid sucks! Yes, sucks...somehow the incompetent man that I gave my loan deferment forms to nearly two months ago never processed my info and I receive a package of mail from home today (otherwise filled with fun things like the Christmas edition of the Victoria's Secret catalogue) with a bill in it from my loan company saying that I owe them $400 in past due payments! So you can see why I am not real happy. Fortunately I was able to speak with a very nice lady at the loan company who ensured me that all would be forgiven, I just have to go back to the hellish financial aid office and resend my paperwork. This time, however, I will hound their lame asses and maybe even watch them press the fax button just to make sure that it all works this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home