A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Friday, November 21, 2003

Wine and Cheese...Oh, and Literature

My class last night marked the second week in a row in which class has consisted of passing around bottles of wine, eating cheese and crackers, and discussing African American literature and societal trends. I'm sure that it has something to do with the alcohol, but mostly it's just that my class has bonded into a nice little family, that we are able to discuss all kinds of deep and taboo subjects and leave feeling as if I have just gone to church and a scholarly lecture all at the same time. I'm kind of sad for the semester to end because I like seeing all of these folks each week. Fortunately for me, our last class is a fancy Italian dinner on NYU's dime and I am sure the wine will once again be flowing helping us through our last goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home