A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Monday, December 01, 2003

Sometimes it pays to get up early and enter the land of the living before noon, today was one of those days! As I was walking to campus to turn in a librarry book and some paperwork, I walked by a movie set. Now I have walked by movie sets before and sure it's neat and all but nothing cool has ever really happened...until today! You see, what I thought was a movie set was really a tv show filming a scene on location in the East Village. And just what tv show was it you ask...well, nothing else but Sex and the City! Yup, I was literally twenty feet away from the gorgeous Sarah Jessica Parker (aka Carrie) and the stunning Cynthia Nixon (aka Miranda) as they shot a scene right in front of a little church I walk by everyday. The whole corner of the block had been covered in fake snow (actual ice for the close-ups and big chunks of white foam with glitter on it to give the illusion of glistening way off in the background and on the cars). They shot the scene a couple fo times as crew members directed traffic and made sure no one was taking flashing pictures during filming. In between one scene, a couple of girls who were hanging from a 4th floor apartment window shouted to Sarah Jessica "Carrie we love you! You're beautiful!" She acknowledged their praises with a flash of her brilliant smile and a huge wave and then she spun on her Cinderella heal and went back to her mark and waited to roll again. Both women were truly stunning...Cynthia's red hair is beautiful and Sarah Jessica is so tiny, but I must agree with the ladies hanging from the window...absolutely gorgeous! All of this and me without my camera! What a fun way to kick off the morning...in the words of famed gossip columnist Cindy Adams..."Only in New York, kids. Only in New York!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home