A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Where to begin...

I feel like the last week has been one long vacation, one that has been much enjoyed and even needed. I have eaten tons of great food and sipped fun concotions surrounded by new dear friends, I even snuck in a great karaoke rendition of the Nancy Sinatra classic These Boots Are Made for Walking(for you Ally). Despite all of the fun I have come to the realization that New York, although one of the greatest cities in the world, it is also one of the loneliest with long walks and subway rides leaving way too much time for introspection and self analysis. But luckily, the new dear friends are making it more than bearable, as I hope I am doing for them.

In other news, the Bette Midler concert (which was so wondrously reviewed here) was a complete blast! We all know of my tendency towards "old lady" concerts, but this lady certainly does not belong in that category. She was dancing around on stage in high heels and mermaid tails talking trash about the government and pop diva-ettes. I even shed a few tears as The Rose and no, I am so not ashamed about that at all! Joi and I had great seats for a night of true entertainment.

On the personal front, I have decided to totally put myself out there on the market. Why? Because I am totally a good catch and I feel like am ready to meet someone, even if it is just for a quick chat and a drink at the bar. To get the ball rolling, I have created a new page at Match.com and have already been viewed 63 times and winked at three. I was even bold enough to send out a wink on my own to a cutie out in Brooklyn. I am so not above internet dating and I am not ashamed to admit it! If something unfolds, you guys will be the first to know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home