A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Sunday, February 29, 2004

I truly wish that birthdays could last for weeks at a time. So that each person could fully soak up the joy and fun that all birthdays should contain without feeling rushed to capture it all. Last night I helped celebrate the birthday of one of the coolest women that I have ever met at a multi-birthday house party out in Brooklyn. From start to finish the bash was an awesome event. Now I will openly admit that I love celebrating my own birthday (and so do you!) because it gives you an excuse to be just a little bit selfish, I mean it is your day after all! But I really think that helping someone else celebrate their day makes me the most happy. Watching my friend open up my gifts to her last night easily made my week...first she got a little teary eyed at the card and the CD mix, but then totally made all of the painstaking effort worth every minute as she opened up her PYE t-shirt and literally ran around the room screaming and singing while we flashed her our matching shirts!
(It was entirely too much fun..oh, and the cake I made was a hit too!) Honestly, after last night I can't wait to help celebrate the next birthday!

** Star Sighting**
Savion Glover
(grabbing a drink at the table behind us at Acme bar in the east village)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home