A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

A Final Post From East 14th

Tomorrow's the big move. I'm packing up from the home that has served me well the last year(ish), leaving one borough and heading to another. Farewell bustling East Village Streets and hello noisy Brooklyn Bodegas. I'm going to miss being so close to everything--all of the bars and restaurants that are just up the street, the Bargain Bazaar (aka, anything you want at cheap prices store) across the street and Dynasty, our little 24 hour diner. But moving in with two fabulous ladies makes chapter two of my New York adventure one I'm truly looking forward to. Granted I have no furniture and will have to sleep a la Que Sera Sera for a while on an inflatable mattress until I can save enough for a real bed, I'm totally up for the challenges and a change of scenery. But mostly, as I have long understood, if Brooklyn is good enough for the Huxtables, then it is certainly good enough for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home