A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Friday, July 09, 2004

Words of Wisdom from the Wisdomless

Now that everyone I knew from my youth has decided that now is the pefect time to get married, I have been put in the interesting position of friendly marriage counselor. Not that I have ever had a problem offering my opinion on any number of topics offered up by those in my circle, but suddenly, I have nothing. If there is one topic that I am completely unqualified to offer words of advice on it is relationships, and most certainly marriage. Planning a wedding I can do, I know parties and food quantities and times of year for the best deals. But when it comes to filling out a little card of best wishes or advice for the pending married couple that is to be sealed away in a keepsake book, I come up completely empty. All I can think of is that quote everyone learns in the 7th grade, "When you love something set it free, if it comes back it's meant to be," but I am pretty sure that still only works with junior high romance and not real grown-up marriage kind of love. I have spent the last week trying to find bible verses or famous poems that will wrap up everything that needs to be said in a nice little package that I can quote and stick a stamp on and be done with but I have come up short and am at my wit's end.

So that's it people, when it comes to love and marriage, I can help you pick out the food and organize the troops, but I can not give you advice on how to do whatever you have to do after the ceremony hoopla is over and the real work begins. For that, you're on your own, better yet, you have eachother. But seriously, you can call me when you need someone to throw you an anniversary party because I can totally handle that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home