A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Thursday, September 02, 2004

You know what, sometimes, when you are poor, the best thing you can do to cheer yourself up is treat yourself to something expensive. I know, I know, it doesn't make one ounce of sense but I dare each of you to find a woman who, at some low poor point in her life, hasn't gone right out and bought a new pair of shoes or a shirt or a new lipstick. Well, in my financially desolute case, seeing as how I live in New York, I treated myself to a broadway show. And you know what, I feel much better! It is important that I note, however, that being a poor college student in NYC lends itself to getting expensive perks on the cheap, like front row student rush tickets to 42nd Street for only $21.50 instead of the usual three times that. So despite it's discounted price, I guess it still counts as an expensive gift to myself becuase really, at this point, tewnty bucks is a big chunk of cash! It was just what I needed: glittery costumes and fancy tap dancing with cute chorus boys (although I'm sure I'm not their type) and adorable broads belting out songs of hope and love...I tapped my feet and snapped my fingers in kind!

And besides, if I hadn't gone, I wouldn't have seen, my favorite early nineties feminist-in-training...sometimes it just pays to go out in New York!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home