A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Monday, November 08, 2004

As I sat at my desk today fighting with the CD burner on my computer I was overhearing the conversation that my boss was having on the telephone with the woman I assume to be his girlfriend. Overhearing his life unfold is not an unuasual thing since he leaves his door open all day, every day and I am pretty much accustomed to tuning out things unless I hear my name at which point I perk up and pretend to be interested. The crazy thing about this conversation was listening to a grown man talk to his girlfriend like sixteen year old kids with vocabularies stuck with the Brady Bunch, if the Brady's were breaking a lot of rules. Just so you all feel like you were a part of the conversation, it went something like this...the best part is really trying to figure out what the woman on the other end was saying that could have sparked his responses...

Hey you...you busy?...Well, it's been one of those days...yeah, we should take a trip...will you fly on the same plane with me?...we don't have to sit next to each other (interjecting a WTF?!)...we should go to Disney World, or Disney Land, they're both pretty far...we could neck on the rides like teenagers...I know, I know...we'll figure something out...okay, okay, get back to work...

People, I think things just got interesting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home