A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

My mom arrived for her first visit to New York last night and hailed a cab from the airport to Brooklyn all by herself. At the moment, I am sitting in my office at work and she is wandering around Times Square by her lonesome and I have asked that she call me each hour until I see her again for lunch at 12:30. Call me crazy, but I worry about my tiny mom walking around all alone, she already had a moment of dizziness walking down the street out of the subway from looking up at the tall buildings! I know she can take care of herself but I totally get it now, why our parents need us calling them all of the time to "check-in," I'm worried sick and I know that she is within a ten block radius!

Anyhow, the week ahead is certain to be a great one. Having my mom in town makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. We have big plans to see the Rockettes this afternoon at Radio City and, if the weather cooperates, we'll be watching big floats at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade before stuffing ourselves with our own holiday feast. My best gal pal Rachel gets in tonight for the holiday and my roommates parents are already here too. We officially have a full house (and a fixed toilet, thank goodness!) for the week ahead. My holiday heart is full.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger Barbara said…

    I love the entry about the Momma in NYC!! Have a great Thanksgiving! (and tell me how the Rockettes were!) Hi Mary Lou!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home