A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Preparation

Any of you who know me know that I am a planner by nature. The annoying list making-fact checking-reservation setting-not leaving anything to chance kind of planner. Which means, with the holidays in full swing, my favorite time of year is here! At last count, I have no less than half a dozen running lists in my prescence at this very moment. In no particular order, some of the lists include:
  • Thanksgiving meal grocery shopping list
  • "Things to Do" list for my mom's visit
  • Holiday Gift shopping list
  • Holiday Card mailing list
  • Library book list
  • "People to visit when I am home" list
And this list of lists (clever, I know) doesn't even include the standard grocery list and general things-to-do list that I keep in my day planner at all times. Or the just-for-fun lists like "CDs I need" or the "dating needs assessment" list. What can I say, I am IN LOVE with making lists. Not just because they keep me (the not so closeted control freak) organized but because I feel a huge sense of accomplishment when I get to mark something off or throw it in the trash...and by trash I mean the "recycle bin" because they are all, of course, kept in a file on my computer for easy editing. All of this in the name of being prepared, prepared for the day that someone absolutely has to know which Streisand CDs I own or how many people are in for the big Thanksgiving meal.

Some of you may think it's nuts, but for those of you who get it, I'll gladly add you to my "people I would hang out with even if they had a major deformity list"...oh yeah, there's one of those too!

(Write in blog--check!)



3 Comments:

  • At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I totally agree on the list thing. I even highlight my lists to pinpoint exactly what is most important! I had a whole notebook for our halloween party even. :)
    steph

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I too love making lists. I've tried to explain to my coworkers how happy it makes me to cross things off my numerous lists, and I just don't think they get it. I'm glad to know some people understand! :) -Paige

     
  • At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just wanted to say that I like the new color scheme, it is very you...

    I don't really make lists at all, just mental ones that I forget about soon after :).

    -Rachel

     

Post a Comment

<< Home