A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Wacky Travel, Palindrome Style and other holiday cheer

I was just checking my travel plans for flying home on Wednesday. I fly home on 12/22, on flight 2221, arriving in Austin, Texas at 12:22. I just had to share. It's a good thing those numbers add up to seven because if they had somehow added up to six, I would have had three sixes in my travel plans and may have had to make some flight changes.

In other holiday news, I saw a group of Santa's all suited up grabbing beers at a pub in the village today, If I had my camera, I would have taken a picture, everyone else was 'cause it was just too funny.

Last night I finally caught the repeat of Oprah's Favorite Things show for 2004. You know, the show where people try to sell their children to be in the audience and then cry and scream and pant when they see the things that are Oprah's favorites because, let's be honest, Oprah's favorite things are never trinkets from the dollar store because her dollars add up to a lot more than all of ours put together. Well, I watched like I usually do, pissed that I wasn't in the audience and jealous of the people getting gifts (I know, not very holiday spirity but I'm just being real!) This year she did a suprise audience of all teachers because they have the most important job in the world and are the light for children and blah, blah, blah. Now I was down with it really because I know like a bazillion teachers personally and know that they get paid pretty low for what they do, but at this point they all make more money than I do and get paid vacatiosn so I have the right to complain just a bit. Anyway, as I watched the show I kept a tally of what the ladies were winning. Grand total, more than $20,000 in prizes! And they were all cool, we're talking plasma TVs and laptop computers and vacations and cashmere and cake, Oprah actually let them eat cake! And all I could think as these women cried and called Oprah the messiah was, "Ladies, you have to pay the taxes on all of that shit! Merry freaking Christmas!"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home