A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

The Blizzard of 2005

Well, I survived my first blizzard. After a wonderful dinner on Friday night down in Little Italy with Joi and Elly, the snow started in sometime late in the night. By the time I woke up on Saturday morning/afternoon, the snow was already a few inches deep. As the day wore on, the wind and the snow didn't stop which means I was on lock down in the house. I was in my pajamas all day Saturday, literally, a little blessing in disguise I suppose. When I woke up this morning the snow was about 15" deep outside of our door. Luckily, our building super had people out shoveling our steps and sidewalk. All day long I've been peaking out of the window watching people digging their cars out of snow banks as tall as me and being thankful for public transportation. My mom has called three times in the last two days making sure that I haven't fallen into a pile of snow and been frozen alive. Apparently everytime one of my relatives catches the weather on TV they call her and ask if I'm ok. I guess they just think that I am hanging around outside like a homeless person or something. It's pretty funny and I certainly appreciate the concern. I took some pictures and if I ever get them developed, I'll post a couple. Now we just wait for The Blizzard of 2005 to turn into the The Post-Blizzard Flood of 2005 when the stuff finally decides to melt...I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad to hear you're staying warm up there. Aleta sent pictures from Boston and it sure looks cold up there in the northeast. Mostly, though, I'm writing to let you know that I've started reading your postings again. In fact, since I've been such a bad friend, I went through and read them all...since 2003. I'm all caught up and I promise I won't get behind again.
    Lots of love to my beautiful rose,
    ginger

     

Post a Comment

<< Home