A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Monday, January 24, 2005

Food News

I'm working on a new project at work and it's perfect for the foodie in me. The company I am working for is creating this food tour thing and I am in the early planning stages of finding out who represents all of the celebrity chefs and who do I send e-mails to and yada, yada, yada. So far I have talked with lots of assistants and publicists and so on. When in doubt of who to talk to for sure I send e-mails and usually get a response directing me to one of the chef's sidekicks. Well, today I got a phone call from a real live chef in response to an e-mail I sent last week. Michael Lomonaco, ex-head chef of Windows on the World in the World Trade Center and the guy behind the Epicurious shows on TV and just a real "known" person in the food world. And he called me, and we chatted, and he was nice, and I really just wanted to gush and ask him why he prefers braising as his favorite food prep technique. But I kept my cool and tried to sound proffesional and then did a little happy dance when I got the e-mail he sent me after our phone call that said it was "great talking to you." Being a food groupie is fun!

So I got this amazing cookbook from Babs for Christmas and am dying to try the recipe in it for Suffocated Chicken...and Coconut cake...and cornbread...you know, the good Southern stuff that sticks to your ribs. Hopefully I will make some time for a real dinner soon, my mouth is watering just thinking about it! Plus, any excuse to use the new cookware (I actualy baked a double layer chocolate delight last weekend that turned out perfect--shout out to non-stick bakeware!)

Oh, and major love goes out to my new (kick ass) roomie who, during the house lock down of Blizzard 2005, whipped up a delicious pot of White Bean and Sausage Soup. My warm and full tummy thanks you!

Also, I came across this desktop image in my food research. It is now the desktop image on my computer at work. I really do love food humor!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home