A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Friday, February 04, 2005

Good things come in pink packages...
The other day I had some time to kill between the end of the work day and the start of the play that I was going to see. I decided that I would make my way up to Columbus Circle to grab some dinner at the Whole Foods and browse around the Borders bookstore and make a stop inside the mecca of home cooking stores, Williams-Sonoma. After I ate a bowl of red Lentil and Coconut soup with a big chunk of crusty bread, I made my way over to the mecca. As I walked through the front doors it took every bone in my body not to immediately buy everything in front of me. In honor of Valentine's Day, the mecca of home cooking stores decided that they should sell all things in pink. Oh, yes, my weakness was tapped. I drooled over the pink plaid kitchen towels and the pink aprons and the pink spatulas and the pink Kitchen Aid mixer (mentioned before in a previous post!) and the pink cups and plates and, well, you get the idea. Well, like I said, fighting against all of my being I left the mecca of home cooking stores without purchasing a single item, merely grabbing a (slightly overdone) brownie from the baker in the back of the store (yay, even the perfect chefs overbake on occassion!) and I hopped the train back down to 48th Street.

Well, since then, I had seriously been thinking about breaking down and buying maybe just the spatulas when I come home yesterday to a UPS note from a missed delivery from, you guessed it, the mecca of home stores! Wait a minute...did I accidently, in my sleep or in a pink haze, order something online and forget about it? Well, my roommate stayed home today and signed for the re-delivery and when I get back to my apartment after work there is a box, addressed to me from Williams-Sonoma. Inside, with a cute note from a friend wishing me a Happy Valentine's Day is this to wear in the kitchen (or just while watching TV!) and one of these to whip up some tasty treats--both in pink, or as the mecca calls it, "Rose."

I think I have mentioned before what kind of kick-ass friends I have...point proven!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i went to the mecca just the other day, and the second i walked in i thought of you. I wanted to get you something pink - but i knew with my lack of motivation, you'd end up picking it up next time you came to austin. Enjoy your pink kitchenware!

    -ally

     

Post a Comment

<< Home