A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Monday, February 14, 2005

Insult to Injury
After yesterday afternoon's lackluster dating excursion and induced junk-food-funk. Today is Valentine's Day. I am not typically one of those people who despises today because I am perpetually celebrating sans man. On the contrary, I like Heart Day. Things are pink without apology and chocolate in fun shapes are everywhere and Valentine's cards made by hand or adorned with teddy bears and kittens can be cute and fun. And having a reason to tell the people in my life that I love them is always nice. No, I genuinely enjoy the made-up Hallmark holiday and it's not just because I am a Gold Crown Member either! But this morning on my way into work, a gorgeous French man stopped me on the sidewalk and asked, in his melty French accent, "Do you know, please, where I might can buy the flowers?" In hopes of making some (assumed) French woman's Valentine's Day dreams come true, I told him where to go and I refrained from telling him where he could stick them once purchased. See, I told you I'd be better!

Happy Heart Day Internet!

(Oh, and this just in. In honor of Heart Day. The woman who served almost eight years in prison for "raping" her student is now marrying said student. If you'd like to buy them a gift, they're registered here. Love does conquer all doesn't it...)

1 Comments:

  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Umm..to the last part: Ew. And you can buy them things? How about a self-help psychology book?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home