A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Friday, February 18, 2005

Make-Out Mojo
Okay, so here's the question? What songs work up your make-out mojo?

It was asked of me and so I am asking it of you, all of you...here's the task: If you were going to make a mixed tape variety compilation of all of the songs you'd want as the soundtrack to your movie love scene, what songs would be on it.

I'm not talking goofy songs either, not something you would make for your sixteen-year old high school boy-toy, I'm talking something for your twenty-six year old lover (yeah, I said it!) I mean, we're all grown-ups here, we can handle telling the truth about the songs that set the mood for the main event. That doesn't mean that they have to all be sensual lovey dovey songs either, there are many stages to the mating game, so feel free to mix it up. You can post your songs in the comments field (anonymously if you want) or use that G-mail link and send them to me if you're way to shy to share with the world (your secret's safe with me, I promise) and I'll post some of the results here, to share the love for all of those whose make-out mojo could use a few new moves.

To get us started, here are a few of my picks:

No Ordinary Love--Sade
Say, Yes--Floetry
Try a Little Tenderness--Otis Redding
Reach--Idina Menzel
Use Me--Bill Withers
Crash Into Me--Dave Mathews Band
Brown Skin--India Ari
Here I Am (Come and Take Me)--Al Green
Turn Me On--Norah Jones

Now, you go...Project Make-Out Mojo in full effect!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK, this is what comes to mind immediately - I picture Barbara saying Remix to Ignition or something like that (she likes those slow makey-outy-lovey songs) and I would say Let me Love You by Mario. -Steph

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Let's see in no particular order:
    Woman in You by Ben Harper, Colorblind by Counting Crows, Peaceful Easy Feeling by the Eagles, I Want You by Alana Davis, Silent Sigh by Badly Drawn Boy, Dirty Mind by Ben Lee, Love Me Like a Man by Bonnie Rait, Lover Man by Billie Holiday, Out of This World by The Cure (almost 7 minutes of make-out heaven right there!).
    That's what turns me on today...ER

     
  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger Barbara said…

    I would not suggest Remix to Ignition as makeout music!! That is a dance tune. I don't make out to things that say "runnin' her hands through my fro"! I would totally say Let's Get It On- old school Marvin Gaye! ;)

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My boyfriend would totally love some Beethoven to make out to - does that count? :o) steph

     

Post a Comment

<< Home