A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

The Weekend:
It was a wonderful weekend in New York. First things first: the weather, oh the weather. The sun was out, the skies were blue, and the temperature soared all the way to the low fifties. Down right warm in these parts! I spent Saturday afternoon sipping Lemon Drop Martinis and British Sangria with Elly at a cute new bar we stumbled across. We eventually stumbled out of the bar, a bit happy for four o'clock in the afternoon, after stumbling into a cute companion and then Elly proceeded to get a drunken haircut down the street and I proceeded to write out drunken Valentine's Day cards! Later that night we grabbed some dinner and met up with a couple of friends to, you guessed it, have a drink. Sunday was certainly less drunken, as I am an old woman now and can't handle those days like I used to. I went to Lincoln Center to pick up a ticket for a concert at the end of the month and then treated myself to a (wonderfu) New York priced movie. I took a stroll through Central Park and stopped in Whole Foods to pick up a couple of things before heading home to watch the most boring Super Bowl Haf-time show in the history of the world. Sir McCartney, a Beatle legend you may be, but a half-time show main attraction you are not! So I opted to clean up my room and surf the net (thanks to new wireless internet at my apartment) and listen to some downloaded music instead. Yay for weekend reviving!

Linkage:
Just a couple of things to keep you occupied...

http://tv.channel.aol.com/greatestamerican

And, in the infamous words of gossip columnist Cindy Adams, "Only in New York, kids, only in New York:"
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/01/31/cabbie.matchmaker.ap/index.html

1 Comments:

  • At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A "cute companion?" I want to hear more about that! Did you get his number? Give him yours? Set up a date? We want details!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home