A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Friday, April 01, 2005

What a week...I can hardly believe it's Friday! School just about knocked me out this week. I've been a work slave since Saturday and finally, last night, managed to get in a little bit of fun out on a date with the roomie. We had tickets to see the Broadway revival of a classic: Tennesee WIlliams' A Streetcar Named Desire, starring the gorgeous Natasha Richardson and the super talented John C. Reilly. I've read the play a couple of times but this was my first experience seeing it live...and it blew me away. Natasha was so fragile as Blanche, I just wanted to grab her in my arms and help her make sense of her life...wow, wouldn't it be great if someone would do that for me! But I digress. John C. Reilly gave Stanley a great depth I thought, much softer than Brando which made you understand why Stella loved him so much. It was just a great show. And the best part, I belong to a group called Hiptix, a place where young, hip New Yorkers can go to the theater for a fraction of the cost and last night was a Hiptix night. Which means, not only did we have amazing orchestra seats at the show for super cheap, but we also got to go to a post-show bash. Free food and drink and a bag-o-goodies, and celebrity sighting! Natasha didn't show up, don't blame her after two and a half hours of Blanche, but John did...and we talked to him, got autographs and a picture, and watched as he proceeded to get slightly drunk and then get yelled at for smoking indoors...ha! It was a really good time...I needed that!

Tonight I am going to see Purlie!, a Tony-award winning show orginally written by the late Ossie Davis in the seventies being done at City Center. Eye candy Blair Underwood plays the lead...yum! Then tomorrow it is on a bus for me as I head to Boston for a job interview (notice how I leave that until the end?!) I kind of keeping pretending it's not real just in case it doesn't work out...expect an update next week. Either way, I'm excited to go to Boston since I've never been before and I get to see an old college friend.

Updates on the job front and pictures of John C. Reilly to follow soon. Enjpy your weekends!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good luck on that last thing...no big deal of course...just sending good thoughts your way.
    -ally

     

Post a Comment

<< Home