A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I'm leavin' on a jet plane...
Today is my last day in New York. My flight leaves this afternoon on its one way journey home. I am exhausted, mentally and physically. My brain and my body are longing for the calmness of home in a way that it never has and I realize now that it is because, for the first time in no less than two years, I have allowed myself to feel that need. Living so far away I have been living in self-protect mode, a trait that I have kept finely tuned in order to keep the reality of floating around in a sea of unknowingness from drowing me. The last few days have been filled with part nostalgia part tourism, re-visiting all of my favorite places for one last time and squeezing in some of the things that I never quite got around to doing. There were no tears from me in the good-byes because I know they are just see you laters and that is a wonderful feeling. I am ready to be home. It's been an amazing ride and I am better because of it. And it certainly doesn't feel like the end, just the next beginning.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    and we can't wait to have you back!!!

    -ally

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I second that, Ally! Does this mean no more blogging? :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home