A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Packing up my life after nearly two years is an overwhelming task for this self proclamied packrat. I have spent the morning so far digging through all of the stacks of cards and papers and pictures and playbills and various other do-dads attempting to convince myself that life will not cease to exist if I throw away that cute little note my mom sent me with my mail last spring. It is a daunting task. And it takes me hours because, before throwing away said note I have to re-read it and rememebr when I got it and what has happened since then and the stories it brings back and before I know it, an hour has passed and I haven't so much thrown away my junk as simply moved it to another pile for another box to be shipped.

I think I need an intervention. Or at the very least, an limitless ship-back-home-bank-fund.

I have managed to take care of a lot of the little things though, like getting the cable guy to come pick up our boxes and setting up an appointment for the salvation army to come and collect our "gently used" junk. So sometime between the hours of 8 AM and 4PM on Friday, the apartment will be emptied.

There is still lots of fun to be had in the next few days including a free theater experience tonight and a trip to the Bronx zoo on Thursday. Drinks galore shall be poured and consumed and, in sticking with the theme over the last few days, lots of good food shall be eaten.

Operation "Bittersweet Moving" continues.

**Star Sighting**
I had dinner the other night at this unbelievable restaurant sitting at the table next to Matt Lauer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home