A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Since I am leaving, I have been given the task of hiring my replacement at my office. I posted a classified at a very respectible online place and received 40 resumes within 4 hours. Over the weekend I receieved and additional 50. I am up to my eyeballs in resumes and cover letters, all of which start to look exactly the same after a while. (A whole new insight into why I never get call backs for jobs!) I have set up interviews for the week hoping to get someone in here by next week so that I can train them before I go. The funny thing that I have noticed though, and I don't know if it is intentional or not, but people really should pay more attention to what they label their files. I got one resume attachment titled edgar's_sexy_new_resume. I kid you not! I didn't know whether to be intrigued or appalled. I have also gotten pictures included in resumes. Is that a new trend I wasn't aware of? Screw the policies of not hirinmg based on race or gender , best to just clear it up from the get go. It should be very interesting, the rest of this process. I'll keep you posted...

1 Comments:

  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    I got a cover letter (while trying to hire interns) that reads like an infomercial. But I liked her enthusiasm...her interview is next week :). Maybe it's good to set yourself apart, although I think the use of "sexy" in the file name is probably not so smart.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home