A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I figure I should post.

Texas leaves me a little unmotivated lately. As does the nasty summertime cold that has me drowing in my own snot. Two of my New York friends have both commented that I was never sick in New York but somehow, in the month that I have been home I have contracted both a nasty tummy virus and now a nasty cold. I am certain the universe is trying to tell me something.

The week long family vacation in Las Vegas was mostly fabulous. The wedding went beautifully and I now have a new sister-in-law, not just a brother's baby momma, to hang out with. My brother cried through the whole ceremony. Big , man sized tears of emotion--that's one of the many reasons I love that guy, he's the emotional one. We saw tigers and lions and dolphins and played carnival games and ate until I thought my stomach would explode. I did not, however, have one of those moments that you hear people talk about when they come home from Vegas vacations. Ones that include too much liquor and an obscene amount of skin and canoodling. There is only so much partying a single twenty-something can do when anchored by her mother, a three year old niece and two brothers. Next time I do Vegas it will be with party girls who will encourage me to drink too much and make the kind of memories most girls cover in college. I'm a late bloomer, what can I say.

That's all for now I suppose. I'm going to take another shot of Nyquil, you know, to make up for all of the shots I didn't take in Vegas.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger Stereoette said…

    oh you're just saying that. what happens in vegas stays there, yah?

    i love it when the grooms cry at weddings. softies ;o)

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger danielle said…

    you mean you didn't come back from vegas married to a tatooed stripper named hank and have thousands of dollars racked up on your credit card? well that's no fun...

    ...but i do understand being tied to the family. i went with my mom for my 21st bday and struggled with the same thing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home