A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Friday, June 03, 2005

Well, I made it. All in one piece and only slightly drowsy from the trip. I have been sleeping off New York for the past few days trying to adjust my body back to the slower pace of life in Texas. After spending a lifetime packing up boxes to ship here I am now unpacking those boxes trying to justify whether or not I really need all of this stuff. So far I have managed to eat really good mama food and go shopping at the Wal-Mart twice picking up such gems as Paula Abdul's Greatest Hits video collection on DVD. It was ony $5.50 and the video for Rush, Rush was worth the cost alone.

Thank goodness for all of the rest I am getting because I feel like I just hit the ground running. I have a weekend of commitments already mapped out and my spare time is being dedicated to organizing a wedding that shall take place in only three weeks. It's all still a little unreal but the funny thing is, I don't miss New York yet. I know it's only been a few days but I thought that it might feel like a huge chunk of me was missing the minute I stepped off of the plane and the move became real, but so far it just feels really good to be home. Of course we will re-evaluate that feeling in a few weeks when I am sitting at home bored to bits and thinking, I could so be at the theater right now!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home