A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Just some tidbits...
The second wedding of the summer was fabulous. I think it may just have been the funnest wedding that I have been to. The bride and I managed to cut quite a rug doing the electric slide and everyone had a blast during the accurately dubbed "Innocent Remix" of our favorite Michael Jackson hits. Seriously, anytime a DJ anywhere plays some old MJ music the party always kicks into overdrive, I'm sure that means something but I dare not speculate. If anyone wants to see pictures let me know...I'm too lazy to post the link here for the photo album but it does exist.

I received a pretty interesting e-mail yesterday. It seems that I have been tapped to be the featured alumni speaker at the matriculation ceremony for the incoming freshman class at my college alma mater in August. Not one to pass up the spotlight, of course I said yes. So now I have to prepare a five-minute speech to be given to a few hundred new students and their parents about my experience in college and some other stuff for which I will be receiving information on in the very near future. I'm kind of honored and flattered that important people think that I am an important enough alumna to give a speech about siezing the moment and enjoying college and the limitlessness of the future, blah, blah, blah. Although, I'm not sure if they realize that I haven't actually finished graduate school yet, I think I just won't mention that part to anyone.

My horoscope today reads as follows: "You are the most important person in your life right now and you should treat yourself as such. Spend some money on that special item. Money may not buy your happiness, but it will certainly make you feel better."
I couldn't agree more...

1 Comments:

  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger danielle said…

    congrats on being asked to speak at matriculation. and don't stress too much about what to say...think about it...we're you really listening to your speaker that day?

    you should publish your speech on your blog though...i'd be interested in reading it :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home