A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Monday, August 22, 2005

All Speeched Out
So I gave my speech yesterday to the group of about a thousand tired and overwhelmed new students and parents as well as a whole heap of professors pissed that their summers are over. And guess what...it went really well! I didn't mess up once! Yay for me. My joke in the middle didn't go over so well which means that my career as a sketch comedy writer for SNL is probablly an even farther off dream than that of becoming a broadway star. A big thanks to all of you who proof read and sent good luck vibes my way.

One of the great perks of the day, aside from the free university brunch ticket, was the networking I did. I was sequestered upstairs in this room with all of the other on-the-stage speakers for about an hour before the event which gave me plenty of time to make a few contacts and hopefully get myself closer to a job. Because so far, all I have to show for this summer is a dwindling bank account and new found knowledge of the coolness that is The Glimore Girls.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    The GLI-more girls?

    :)...Glad to hear everything went well. They probably didn't get the joke just 'cause they aren't in the know yet. But they will. And if they would look back, they would laugh.

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger timothy said…

    Yes, the Glimore Girls are very cool, but Danielle refuses to watch any show with spelling errors in it... I've been trying to persuade her before the new season starts...
    ...any help would be appreciated!

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:40 PM, Blogger Ebony said…

    Okay, so I think faster than I type! But no matter how you spell it, that show about the mom and daughter with the same name is the shiz!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home