A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Drive-Bye Comments and Defending the Blog
I have said before that my friend Sarah is completely uninterested in the world of blogging. She never reads them and she is totally okay with that. She doesn't even mind that we harass her for never knowing what we tell the internet because she expects to hear it directly from us. I have tried to tell her that actual conversation is so twentieth century but she still insists upon speaking. On the road trip to New Orleans the ladies in the car-Porsche, Aston and myself, Royce*-sort of ganged up on little Mercedes and made her promise to start reading the blogs. I forwarded her the proper links and by the next day she had done a blog drive-bye leaving the appropriate monicer in each comment box signaling her visit. We all laughed and praised her for the visits knowing damn well that she will never return.

Like so many people, people I choose not to associate with (except her of course), she doesn't get the beauty of the blog. She thinks it's weird that we read about people's lives that we don't even know and on more than one occasion has scoffed at our lengthy conversations about Dooce's baby or Smitten's wedding or Fish's dating dilemnas. She doesn't understand how we "have time to read all of that stuff, I'm too busy to just sit at the computer and read blogs."

But she kept her promise and finally made a little time. She stopped by the blogs to see what all of the hype was about and read a post from each of us. When I asked her if she saw the birthday pictures I posted of her on the site she said that she hadn't. I asked if she read beyond the first page and she earnestly replied, "Well, I looked at the side like you told me, but there were just too many months of stuff!" And this is why, despite her complete disdain of the blog world, I love Sarah to pieces.

*okay, so we made up fake names in New Orleans. all car names as you can see. it was pretty funny too considering each time we used the wrong name we had to take a shot. which would explain why all of the cars were in the garage by midnight.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    I HATE having to explain the reading of the blogs. Either you get it or you don't, much like so many other things in life.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home